Exercise 4: Choose the best answer by underlining the word in the blanket.
1. Neither I nor my sister (are / is) going to the dance.
2. Gold as well as silver (have fallen / are falling) in price, he said.
3. The knowledge about science (are much / is much) helpful.
4. One of girls (are / is) ill.
5. Fifty miles on the quiet road (seem / seeming) like two hundred.
6. I think I will (watch / watches) TV tonight.
7. I can’t (open / opens) the door.
8. What do you think they are (do / doing) now?
9. (Take / Taking) an umbrella with you. It looks like rain.
10. I’ve got a sore throat and a bit of a headache. I think I may be going (on / down) with something.